Monday 1 May 2017

300 Words a Day - #29: That moment when the dream becomes a reality

I have mentioned before, in a previous post, how, when I signed along the dotted line of a recording contract, the dotted line I had envisioned for nine years, I was overcome by an unexpected numbness.

I had caught up with my dream; it had caught up with me. We were intertwined, dancing together, and yet all I wanted was for the waltzing to stop.

However, I’m getting ahead of myself. I just want to briefly backtrack to how I came about signing on that line.

It all started with my friend’s dad getting a new shower fitted. 

The special thing about this shower was that it was fitted with an inbuilt radio and speakers.

My friend was in this swanky new shower, listening to the radio, when he realized something.

My phone rang.

“Gav, one of your tracks has just been played on the radio!”

“Huh? What?”

I had no idea what he was talking about.

“I’ve just been having a shower and one of your tracks just got played!”

When you’re wanting to break into the music industry and suddenly one of your tracks gets airplay, it’s a pretty big deal.

We (because at that point I had teamed up with a pal from Stratford-upon-Avon) got in touch with the DJ who played our track. 

It turned out that the DJ wasn’t just a DJ but was a recording artist, too. He had a recording contract with a label in London.

(Alarm bells were going off at this point. “This is it,” I thought.) 

He liked our track that much that he passed it onto his record label.

We got an email, then a phone call, and then arranged a meeting in Manchester. 

That’s when the contract was signed and the dream had finally come true. 

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Are you on TWITTER? Me too! Follow and get Followed
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Image info





No comments:

Post a Comment